At SDA we welcome all nubs and nublets
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» I'm still here. Respectably, still Queer.
by Large Kid Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

» Hey peeps :)
by Kagatsuchi Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:28 am

» Academy ships
by Adele's Flip-Phone. Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 pm

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
by Graphagem Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:22 pm

» Play of the game - Inori
by Large Kid Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:34 am

» DEUUEAUGH!
by Large Kid Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 am

» Is Cee Lo Green a stand user? You decide.
by Large Kid Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:12 am

» WE BACK UP IN DIS BIH
by The Vampire Queen Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 pm

» I guess this is it.
by Myrtenaster Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:20 pm

» CONQUEST!
by MrZetsu Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:07 pm

» That weird guy is back
by MrZetsu Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm




Share | 
 

 Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Large Kid
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 610
Join date : 2015-02-26
Age : 20
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Sæ wrote:
Lunarnox wrote:
Then we have kid who is on often and he will do stuff, but the stress of being a mod and having to deal with certain individuals has been getting to him quite a lot recently. Maybe take a short break? not resign or anything but kid, you need a vacation.
I keep on telling Kid this a lot, he doesn't listen. I dunno why.

Well, quite simply I stay because I love this place. And tbh since Gaj and especially Zero aren't on much somebody has to pick up the slack. So I feel since mokes is the only one with access to the ACP the very least I can do is stick around and moderate. Also, I want to stay here. I don't WANT a vacation. this isn't a JOB for me it is something I CHOOSE to do because like you said most of the people here are powerhungry, immature, or don't give back. I stick around because I love the people here, because I want to do the best job possible, and because as you tell me OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER i'm the best person for the job at this point.

I'm not taking a break. I don't need to take a break. The fact of the matter is I come here to ESCAPE what causes all the stress in my life. TO GET AWAY FROM THE THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT I HATE. So, does it KILL me that 85% of our new members cause shit or leave within fifteen minutes of joining? Yes. Why? Because it's starting to poison the rest of us as well. Time and time again I see people just shit all over whatever new members we get. Why? I don't have a damn clue. But I can tell you, if you treated me the way you treat half the new members here i'd troll the hell out of this place too.

Gaj and Zero gotta step it up. Gaj even told me he felt guilty about it. Now, he might not post here because y'all would say he's bullshitting yadayadayada. But the truth is HE CARES. HES THE FUCKING OWNER WHY WOULDN'T HE CARE?! On what grounds do you people base the claim that he doesn't care? Because he's with his bae? Because his bae isn't here and he wants to spend time with them? Let's be honest we'd all rather spend time with our significant others than be here. If you don't then you need to reevaluate your priorities (monkey). But the thing is... most of us are with people that are ON HERE. Gaj isn't. Cut him a little slack alright?

Now, I apologize for interrupting the flow of my writing but it just popped into my head that every time I want to leave. You guys tell me you don't want me to? Why? Because SDA needs me. And Dazo i'll be the first to say that it was a total SHITHEAD move of me to say I didn't want to be a moderator here. I'm more proud of that than I am anything else I've ever done (except maybe finding the courage to express my feelings towards Soul). and I would NEVER leave. Now i'm kinda surprised I haven't LOST my @ because of the whole mr edge situation and all but i'm HAPPY that I didn't. So, do you need me around or not? Because I can't play the "well we don't want you to leave but if you want to take a break that's okay" game anymore. Especially not after we have this kind of thread that makes this place look and smell like a burning shitpile.


I'm going to talk to Zero. See if he'll make a more permanent return. Valk is probably busy or he doesn't want to be here... and personally I don't blame him. The way we've started to act, especially towards newer users. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. So i'm gonna ride this out, make a few changes in how I act, and do my best to get you guys off of Gaj's back. He's only human. Mokie gets on a lot but to be honest this place runs itself. All she wanted was to get a few more events started because she felt a little out of touch with the rest of us. Maybe even attempt to bring Gaj and zero's attention to the fact that you guys don't think they care. And sure they've wanted to leave in the past. but so have I. So, there's two ways this is going to go down .

Option 1: You guys continue to bash Gaj and zero for not being on and wanting to leave in the past. and I go with them because lets be honest for all the shit you've thrown their way about not bein on and wanting to leave I've done the same thing and nobody criticized me about it nobody made topics saying I was a bad mod for not being on. It's the same shit different person and it's insulting to know that you guys care more about me than our admins and that you expect me to be either depressed or not on or basically not do anything because I don't do SHIT. It really does hurt my feelings that you expect the same behaviors out of me that you're mad at Gaj and Zero for exhibiting.

Option 2: you learn a little understanding and know that gaj FEELS BAD HE SPENDS SO MUCH TIME WITH THIS BAE. he feels bad for being in a relationship. Like, that's crazy... that we expect more out of him just because he wants to have a healthy relationship with her... I personally don't believe any of us would do any better being in the situation he's in.


Tl;Dr: You guys.... make me want to leave. I'm done with the fact that you expect the same behavior out of me that you're mad at Gaj and Zero for. I AM NOT NOR WILL I EVER TAKE A BREAK FUCK THAT AND I SWEAR I WILL LITERALLY SHIT A BRICK RIGHT HERE ON MY DESK THE NEXT TIME I HEAR SOMEONE SAY I NEED A BREAK. And that Gaj feels bad. and i'm sure Zero does too. Let's have a little chill shall we?

_________________


da new theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7efeVHf2gNo

dats what speed do. http://prntscr.com/6b71dy

The greatest show on URF http://i.imgur.com/TWQuOoQ.jpg


I'm gonna spell. it. out. for ya. S-A-W-F-T SAWFT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
avatar

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:09 pm

large kid wrote:
Well, quite simply I stay because I love this place. And tbh since Gaj and especially Zero aren't on much somebody has to pick up the slack. So I feel since mokes is the only one with access to the ACP the very least I can do is stick around and moderate. Also, I want to stay here. I don't WANT a vacation. this isn't a JOB for me it is something I CHOOSE to do because like you said most of the people here are powerhungry, immature, or don't give back. I stick around because I love the people here, because I want to do the best job possible, and because as you tell me OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER i'm the best person for the job at this point.
We love you, you are the best person on the job. But if we see that the person we love and the person that is the best for the job is being stressed out, we would want him to take a break so that he can always be doing the best work he can be doing.

large kid wrote:
I'm not taking a break. I don't need to take a break. The fact of the matter is I come here to ESCAPE what causes all the stress in my life. TO GET AWAY FROM THE THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT I HATE. So, does it KILL me that 85% of our new members cause shit or leave within fifteen minutes of joining? Yes. Why? Because it's starting to poison the rest of us as well. Time and time again I see people just shit all over whatever new members we get. Why? I don't have a damn clue. But I can tell you, if you treated me the way you treat half the new members here i'd troll the hell out of this place too.
We are a family that has trouble accepting new people in. This is something as a community we need to work on.

large kid wrote:
Gaj and Zero gotta step it up. Gaj even told me he felt guilty about it. Now, he might not post here because y'all would say he's bullshitting yadayadayada. But the truth is HE CARES. HES THE FUCKING OWNER WHY WOULDN'T HE CARE?! On what grounds do you people base the claim that he doesn't care? Because he's with his bae? Because his bae isn't here and he wants to spend time with them? Let's be honest we'd all rather spend time with our significant others than be here. If you don't then you need to reevaluate your priorities (monkey). But the thing is... most of us are with people that are ON HERE. Gaj isn't. Cut him a little slack alright?
The thing is, the reason why we're commenting on Gaj and Zero is because they are the ones that have shown the most evidence, throught the past months, that shown that they aren't the best admins. But of course, IRL is a priority over the academy, Gaj didn't always have a bae. If this thread was put up a week or two earlier, then we would probably have a different view on Gaj.

large kid wrote:
Now, I apologize for interrupting the flow of my writing but it just popped into my head that every time I want to leave. You guys tell me you don't want me to? Why? Because SDA needs me. And Dazo i'll be the first to say that it was a total SHITHEAD move of me to say I didn't want to be a moderator here. I'm more proud of that than I am anything else I've ever done (except maybe finding the courage to express my feelings towards Soul). and I would NEVER leave. Now i'm kinda surprised I haven't LOST my @ because of the whole mr edge situation and all but i'm HAPPY that I didn't. So, do you need me around or not? Because I can't play the "well we don't want you to leave but if you want to take a break that's okay" game anymore. Especially not after we have this kind of thread that makes this place look and smell like a burning shitpile.
I don't want you to stay if you're stressed out, but I don't want you to leave if your going to quit mod. I just don't really know what to say right now. If the staff team and how things are handled ever improve, then you can feel free to take a break and not feel like its your duty to be on 24/7. Cause you'll know you have moddie friends to take care of things while your gone.

large kid wrote:
I'm going to talk to Zero. See if he'll make a more permanent return. Valk is probably busy or he doesn't want to be here... and personally I don't blame him. The way we've started to act, especially towards newer users. Makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. So i'm gonna ride this out, make a few changes in how I act, and do my best to get you guys off of Gaj's back. He's only human. Mokie gets on a lot but to be honest this place runs itself. All she wanted was to get a few more events started because she felt a little out of touch with the rest of us. Maybe even attempt to bring Gaj and zero's attention to the fact that you guys don't think they care. And sure they've wanted to leave in the past. but so have I. So, there's two ways this is going to go down .
Why do you want this attention? I don't get it. I understand you want us to stop hunting down Gaj and Zero for not being good admins, because they can only do so much and are only human. But why? And we don't even know if Zero has a good excuse either. I sorta just don't have anything else to say anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Large Kid
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 610
Join date : 2015-02-26
Age : 20
Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Sæ wrote:

Why do you want this attention? I don't get it. I understand you want us to stop hunting down Gaj and Zero for not being good admins, because they can only do so much and are only human. But why? And we don't even know if Zero has a good excuse either. I sorta just don't have anything else to say anymore.

I guess I was trying to say I want to see you guys give Zero the same respect you give me when i want to leave. 'Cause it really seems that you guys are unleashing the shit from above on him wanting to leave and it kinda splattered and got on me. I love you guys but Zero's a good guy and a good friend. In fact, i believe when i made that topic about me leaving that Zero replied with "See? this is the reason I don't get on much" I think Zero is sick of all the drama on here and stuff like this thread are the epitomy of drama. I want SDA to be the best place it can be and i want to be the best Moddie i can be but it makes me sad to think that Zero who is one of the OG nubs doesn't garner that same reaction from wanting to leave that I do. Kind of makes me feel like you guys don't care about him as much as you do me and that makes me sad because guess who brought me here? Zero. I love the guy to death and he was one of the people who got me back into dueling. I owe everything that I have or care about on here due to him recruiting me. So, needless to say, i hate seeing people speak negatively about him.

_________________


da new theme song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7efeVHf2gNo

dats what speed do. http://prntscr.com/6b71dy

The greatest show on URF http://i.imgur.com/TWQuOoQ.jpg


I'm gonna spell. it. out. for ya. S-A-W-F-T SAWFT!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alpha Tortoise
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 82
Join date : 2015-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:40 pm

holanim a speak like I won this place and what I wuld do if this situation was in my hands again to one of the things luna said about are 4 mods and non active admins (besides moka) now then again if it were up to me id say (no offense) kick out some admins like zero or valky and put in luna and ruby and then get some new mods another thing is I would kick dragonecro (who is barely on) and add 3 new active willing mods for a pure active staff o maybe just putting some admins like valky maybe zero as mods that's what I gotta say
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 944
Join date : 2014-09-09
Location : planet vegeta

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 am

Tamashii wrote:
Frankly I don't care about Zero that much...I've known the guy since Rainbow Dragon Academy and my opinion of him hasn't changed.

Feelings mutual.

i prolly wouldnt resign cause i dont trust too many people
my body is ready for more bashing bai

EDIT

tbh i get on whenever i could its just that things have been going on in muh life and i know everyone has their problems whenever i get on none of you are on take a look at the members who have cnnected in the past 24 hours every now and then <.<

_________________



#retro
Spoiler:
 

no jams for nao o.o
http://i.imgur.com/nAl9j6q.png forgets the rest of the convo
fakepolo is such a fakepolo nublet it hurts http://prntscr.com/68a6g9 o.o deres a time and place for that .-.

http://prntscr.com/8fqtaq HYPE HYPE


#NUBSQUAAAAD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
avatar

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:17 am

Bishpls. wrote:
tbh i get on whenever i could its just that things have been going on in muh life and i know everyone has their problems whenever i get on none of you are on take a look at the members who have cnnected in the past 24 hours every now and then <.<
Your a hidden user dude. Your name doesn't appear there for us normal users.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neopolitan
Diamond
Diamond
avatar

Posts : 718
Join date : 2015-02-18
Age : 18

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:22 am

@Luna: First off I log on and watch the chat when I need to as well as to talk to other people. Last I recall I believe I am allowed to do that then go afk cuz I have a personal life >_>. Like for reals. Im also a member too, not just a mod. I think that is what people don't understand. Anyway about GFX. Not many people know how to make them. Not only that, very few know how to do it well. For example, that main banner took me a good 3-4 hours to make, not even considering the extra edits I made from community feedback. I am sorry, but I don't fancy spending 24/7 making them, even though I know I have slacked off on them. I will try to get back to them when I ain't flooded with tests. As for treating you harshly, think of it this way. As people call you the "Fuhrer of SDA," I get called unfair for not treating you the same way since your my girlfriend. I always get called out for "Oh well Luna didn't get warned, etc." That is why I act the way I do and even though you may not like it and I admit sometimes I am in the wrong, you have to understand I am basing the punishments I dish out based on what I feel you did. (Plus you never even got past a warning from me, so chell bae.)


I understand however that I have been strict sometimes as well as slightly slacking in the GFX Department. Thus I won't point fingers, but instead use this as an opportunity to improve as a moderator, friend to others, girlfriend, and person in general. Thank you for your feedback!

@Dazo: I don't have an issue with resizing the GFX, however getting rid of them is where I draw the line. That is like working super hard to make something out of glass, then someone slaps it out of your hand and it falls to the ground. I worked hard on it and therefor do not believe any of them should be removed. Shrunken maybe, but not removed. As for Gaj/Zero, I do feel they can be on a tad more, but then I go back to my previous statement.

WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!

.

We have personal lives and this academy may not be the most important thing in the world. Jobs, Schools, irl relationships are 99% more important. Not saying this place is not important. To me this place is like. My life considering my irl is pretty dull. People have to understand this, not just for Gaj/Zero, but all of the mods and admins.

Once again as stated b4, I dont want to point fingers. Matter of fact, I am glad this topic has a lot of support. Keep at it guys. (Dont be mean to Gaj/Zero do >_>). I will try to improve as a moderator and as a friend to you all! ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
avatar

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Neopolitan wrote:
First off I log on and watch the chat when I need to as well as to talk to other people. Last I recall I believe I am allowed to do that then go afk cuz I have a personal life >_>. Like for reals. Im also a member too, not just a mod. I think that is what people don't understand.
Hey, I'm fine with that as long as ya have a good reason, just as long as your staffing team knows you should be fine.

Neopolitan wrote:
Anyway about GFX. Not many people know how to make them. Not only that, very few know how to do it well. For example, that main banner took me a good 3-4 hours to make, not even considering the extra edits I made from community feedback. I am sorry, but I don't fancy spending 24/7 making them, even though I know I have slacked off on them. I will try to get back to them when I ain't flooded with tests.
We have other GFX desginers as well like Jess, Gaj, and Feelicks. Its a matter of if they want to be good, and clearly I don't see that from Gaj otherwise he would have read the whole article I sent him XD.

Neopolitan wrote:
@Dazo: I don't have an issue with resizing the GFX, however getting rid of them is where I draw the line. That is like working super hard to make something out of glass, then someone slaps it out of your hand and it falls to the ground. I worked hard on it and therefor do not believe any of them should be removed. Shrunken maybe, but not removed.
There is a side for every coin. There are pros, and there are cons. This just so happens to be a con. Also, I'm asking for 50/50. I'm not asking for ALL of the banners to be removed, just all of them besides the ones in the academy handbook. Either way, you make a point.

Neopolitan wrote:
As for Gaj/Zero, I do feel they can be on a tad more, but then I go back to my previous statement.

WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!


We have personal lives and this academy may not be the most important thing in the world. Jobs, Schools, irl relationships are 99% more important. Not saying this place is not important. To me this place is like. My life considering my irl is pretty dull. People have to understand this, not just for Gaj/Zero, but all of the mods and admins.
Holy shit, let me get somethin fucking straight. I am all down for staff being on leave for life shit as long as they have a good reason for it. It just turns out that this week their busy and shit, but from previous months of me just observing and being here, they haven't really done much. Even when they were on a hell of a lot. But I am not judging off of this week's activity from them, but a larger scale of time. If Gaj was still gone because he didn't have wifi, then I couldn't say anything. If Zero didn't come back and we didn't host a huge fuko party, then I wouldn't be able to judge him and make an observation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Vampire Queen
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 547
Join date : 2015-01-17
Age : 17

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
0/0  (0/0)
Mana:
0/0  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:12 pm

I don't want neither gigi or zero to resign guys, I want the admin team in general to be more interactive and to contribute more, so I want gajeel to stahp being lazy :p

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessWolfa
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2015-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:16 pm

Sæ wrote:

[We have other GFX desginers as well like Jess, Gaj, and Feelicks. Its a matter of if they want to be good, and clearly I don't see that from Gaj otherwise he would have read the whole article I sent him XD.

Well the big difference between me and, Rubies is generally I do batch making. Which means I generally do the entire forum in say 2-3 hours. But their is often not as good as someone who puts the time and effort into each one. Though its not that I don't put effort, just less time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
avatar

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:48 pm

M̛̙̦̣̩͓̜̯͔̼̺ͧ̾̆̄ͧ͌̚͢ỏ̎͐ wrote:
I don't want neither gigi or zero to resign guys, I want the admin team in general to be more interactive and to contribute more, so I want gajeel to stahp being lazy :p
Then you need to take charge, and tell Gigi and Zero to stop being lazy and actually do things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessWolfa
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 159
Join date : 2015-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Em, maybe we should put the idea out their, as a retirement rank. So still founder /owner what ever. But not part of the Main staff team. Main staff team are people who actually do stuff, and run the academy and unless its something major. Them 2 arn't involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
avatar

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2015-05-10
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:26 pm

JessWolfa wrote:
Em, maybe we should put the idea out their, as a retirement rank. So still founder /owner what ever. But not part of the Main staff team. Main staff team are people who actually do stuff, and run the academy and unless its something major. Them 2 arn't involved.  
I disagree if this would be a usergroup, but I wouldn't care if its a rank with its own image. The reason why I disagree is for the same reason I wanted to cut the special nubs and GFX groups:
Sæ wrote:
Really no one cares about whos a special nub when you're viewing the forum, and the GFX artist rank just really seems unneeded to me. If anything, when we get posting ranks, you can make GFX artist a special posting rank. It just makes more sense. You don't need to let others know about them, it doesn't mean anything to new members or visitors browsing your forum. The point of this is to have less groups and only keeping the important groups, having way too many groups is meaningless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?   

Back to top Go down
 
Suggestions to improve SDA's ADMINS?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions
» VTA Low-Gain Preamp Tube Suggestions...
» Please Help Improve my Dark World Deck
» New Dorm System: Skill Rank Name Suggestions
» Best DAC choice

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member's Lounge :: Suggestions-
Jump to: