Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
The Spiritualist's Judgment Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

The Spiritualist's Judgment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Name: Echo Caecus
Health:
The Spiritualist's Judgment Left_bar_bleue100/100The Spiritualist's Judgment Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
The Spiritualist's Judgment Left_bar_bleue100/100The Spiritualist's Judgment Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

The Spiritualist's Judgment Empty
PostSubject: The Spiritualist's Judgment   The Spiritualist's Judgment EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 3:24 am

2013 is the year of one of the most infamous formats in all of Yu-Gi-Oh's history: Dragon Ruler/Judgment Books. This format was plagued by two decks, those being, as the names suggested, Dragon Rulers at their prime and Spellbooks with Spellbook of Judgment. Those days are long behind us now, with the level 7 dragon rulers banned. Spellbook of Judgment has also fallen on this list, but now we must answer a question: should it be?

Spellbook of Judgment:

Some of you probably read that last sentence and left the post on the spot, for thinking I was talking crazy. And, some of you might be right. However, there is genuine merit to discussing the unbanning of Spellbook of Judgment, putting it to three, even. During Ruler/Book format, Spellbook of Judgment was a tool used to gain massive advantage, often ranging from three to six cards in a single turn. In addition, they did get to special summon during the End Phase. The special summon, however, was seen to be the most relevant part of the effect, because it gave the deck the easiest access in the history of YGO to Jowgen the Spiritualist, essentially a Vanity's on legs.

Jowgen the Spiritualist:

Now, some might be thinking this isn't that bad. Just remove it, they'll say. Well, removing it was the issue; usually, Jowgen was backed up by traps, Spellbook of Fate, Spellbook of Wisdom, and maybe even hand traps. For this reason, it wasn't just a Vanity's on legs, it's a much better Vanity's.

Now, what relevance does this have on Spellbook of Judgment? The card is still ridiculous, right? Right. But think of this: the deck has very few powerful cards that Spellbook of Judgment enables. The closest thing to a stun card we get is Kycoo, which is nowhere near as bad, so we would likely resort to Justice, which just ends up being another plus. With the deck's only real power-card being Fate, and the rest of the deck being recycling or deck-thinning, it's almost hard to justify the card being banned if Jowgen were to go. Still, it s a massive plussing tool, and could potentially limit card design. So, SDA, what do you think? Should Spellbook of Judgment be unbanned, maybe even put to three, in return for Jowgen's ban? Or should it stay on the list for eternity? Leave your thoughts below, and as per usual, happy dueling. ~
Back to top Go down
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

The Spiritualist's Judgment Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Spiritualist's Judgment   The Spiritualist's Judgment EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 3:33 am

yes it is a stupid card and will always be a stupid card ;-; you cant go like plus four for free doesnt make sense ;-;
Back to top Go down

The Spiritualist's Judgment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Yugioh DIscussion :: Yugioh Discussion-
Jump to: