Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!

Go down 
+11
drace The Panda
Nublyfe
Auirex
lever10
P-P-Pantsu...
Kagatsuchi
Tvbeast
MrZetsu
The cutest grill
gaiapelio
Zkillerthriller
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Empty
PostSubject: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 11:40 am

SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! LZ2XkMo
Before you do anything, make sure you've read everything thoroughly! Thank you!

The tournament will be best-of-3 matches, w/siding, and it won't have a specific theme, it will simply be a competitive, yet fun tournament, where the members of SDA can have a good time, while also improving their Yu-Gi-Oh skill!

However, obviously, I'm encouraging people to not scrub around, because I actually want this tournament to be pretty competitive and fun. Because every other tournament we've had so far have been with some type of theme, which are fun every now and then, but get pretty repetitive.

Of course you don't have to play meta. No, you can play any deck you want,(unless it's banned from the tourney) as long as you really try your best to win! I would, however, appreciate if you could run some meta cards such as Vanity's Emptiness, but it's not mandatory.

Anyways, I hope you didn't see the "competitive" factor as a turn-off. But if you did, have a look at this topic - you might change your mind! https://satellar.forumotion.com/t220-discussion-yu-gi-oh-being-casual-vs-being-competitive-can-t-it-be-both?highlight=Competitive

The tournament starts next Saturday (and will go through the entirety of the upcoming week that comes after), so you have some time to make your mind up and practise with decks, and such. But still, play your games as soon as you get an opportunity, it will make things faster and better for everyone, including yourself!

Here is the sign-up page! (Also announce yourself signing up here, in this topic). http://challonge.com/6bik9xq2

It is up to the participant to report his/her scores and update the bracket on Challonge, not the host (me), Keep that in mind. Update your scores as soon as you have finished your tournament games! And also, provide a screenshot, so I know you're not lying. Thanks in advance!

The tournament does not start until I have announced so in a seperate topic!

Banned decks: Stall, Exodia, Burn and/or any alternative win condition.

Rules:
- Any kind of harrassment, threats and/or trolling will result in instant disqualification!

- Players who have knowingly and wrongfully changed the bracket in their favor will also be disqualified!

- It is prohibited to make any adjustments to your Main Deck, Side Deck, or Extra Deck after you've played your first game. Doing so will result in diqualification.

- Only TCG cards are allowed. People found with OCG cards in their Main Deck, Side Deck, or Extra Deck will be disqualified.

- It is prohibited to switch decks between rounds. Players found doing so will be disqualified.

Rewards:
- 1st place: 300 Stardust + name glow
- 2nd place: 200 Stardust
- 3rd place: 100 Stardust

Thank you so much if you took the time to read it all, and even more thanks if you decide to join! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

//Lots of love, Zkillerthriller

Last edited by Zkillerthriller on Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
gaiapelio
gaiapelio

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:11 pm

i am in GL everyone
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Edit: - It is prohibited to make any adjustments to your Main Deck, Side Deck, Or Extra Deck after you've played your first game. Doing so will result in diqualification.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 pm

Edit #2: - Only TCG cards are allowed. People found with OCG cards in their Main Deck, Side Deck, or Extra Deck will be disqualified.

Last edited by Zkillerthriller on Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The cutest grill
Admin
Admin
The cutest grill

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Left_bar_bleue0/0SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Mana:
SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Left_bar_bleue0/0SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:39 pm

signed up
Back to top Go down
MrZetsu
MrZetsu

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 12:46 pm

I'm in
What if I make a deck that makes rank 10s and I just spam gustav max? Does it count as a burn deck and I'm not allowed to play?
Back to top Go down
Tvbeast
Tvbeast

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:22 pm

im in too
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 1:25 pm

MrZetsu wrote:
I'm in
What if I make a deck that makes rank 10s and I just spam gustav max? Does it count as a burn deck and I'm not allowed to play?

No, it is not counted as a burn deck in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kagatsuchi
Kagatsuchi

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:01 pm

I'm in. Also why is using Vanity's looked down upon? You want the tournament to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Kagatsuchi wrote:
I'm in. Also why is using Vanity's looked down upon? You want the tournament to be competitive.

What do you mean "looked down upon"? I'm encouraging the players ot use it.
Back to top Go down
Kagatsuchi
Kagatsuchi

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:11 pm

Zkillerthriller wrote:
Kagatsuchi wrote:

What do you mean "looked down upon"? I'm encouraging the players ot use it.

http://prntscr.com/6dxg60

Unless I'm reading something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 pm

I said I'd APPRECIATE if they'd run some meta cards. How could you possibly have misunderstood that?
Back to top Go down
Kagatsuchi
Kagatsuchi

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Whoops, looks like I misread it. My bad
Back to top Go down
P-P-Pantsu...
P-P-Pantsu...

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:32 pm

Are we allowed to switch decks from round to round?
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:37 pm

P-P-Pantsu... wrote:
Are we allowed to switch decks from round to round?

No.
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Edit #3: - It is prohibited to switch decks between rounds. Players found doing so will be disqualified.
Back to top Go down
lever10
lever10

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 3:08 pm

I am in! Good luck everyone!

By the way this is completely irrelevant, but it is a little redundant to ban exodia AND alternate win conditions since exodia is an alternate win condition ._.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 5:47 pm

In it to win it bishes!
Back to top Go down
Nublyfe
Admin
Admin
Nublyfe

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 6:27 pm

im in bruh
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 5:59 am

Awesome! 8 members have signed up within the first day! Keep it coming, guys! =D
Back to top Go down
drace The Panda
drace The Panda

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 7:28 am

i saw a severe lack of pandas in the tourney so i signed up
Back to top Go down
Fear the King

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 4:46 pm

I definitely want to sign up on this tourney
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:13 am

Sign-ups are still open!
Back to top Go down
ab9999
ab9999

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 7:32 pm

I'm in Smile
Back to top Go down
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:34 pm

I just wanna remind participants that sign-ups end in 4 days (on Saturday), that will also be when the tournament starts. So if you haven't started play-testing the deck you're bringing, start doing so now! =D

For the people who are not signed up, yet are reading this, it's not too late for you to show us all on SDA what you're made of! Sign up! Don't be afraid! It's your time to shine!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!   SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups! Empty

Back to top Go down

SDA Tournament - Competitive, Yet Fun: Announcement, Rules and Sign-Ups!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next