Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
Anime Review: Death Parade Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

Anime Review: Death Parade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonecro0987
Diamond
Diamond
Dragonecro0987

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Anime Review: Death Parade Left_bar_bleue100/100Anime Review: Death Parade Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
Anime Review: Death Parade Left_bar_bleue100/100Anime Review: Death Parade Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Anime Review: Death Parade Empty
PostSubject: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 4:11 am

Hey everyone, Necro here. So recently me and keeper, or Jish if you prefer, ended up in another anime challenge. For those not in the know of our anime challenges, we each choose 2 various anime and choose what the other must watch all the way to the end. While I will not disclose what anime he got, I am however here today to give you all my thoughts on the anime I got and even a plot synopsis to boot.

So with a bow and grace, this is Necro's Anime Reviews and today I welcome you to Quindecim for a drink and a little game as we go over the anime known as Death Parade. Shall we begin? If so, let's spin the roulette.

Anime Review: Death Parade C8f4fd5dc35abf61f9a41c34245aaa25

PLOT: This anime asks a simple question: "What happens when 2 people die at the same time?" In this world, they are instead sent to Quindecim, one of many bars. Here are Quindecim, as with all the other spirit bars, they are meet by an arbiter in the form of a bartender. For Quindecim, that arbiter is named Decim. After coming to Quindecim with no memories of what happened to them, the arbiters ask for a game, a Death Game to be specific. These Death Games are made to push these wandering souls to their darkest points to expose all of their secrets which lead them into this situation in the first place. From there, the arbiters judge if the souls are worthy of Reincarnation or are tainted enough to be cast into the Void, a place where the souls are sent to rot away.

As we follow Decim at first, his judging methods are put into questioning when a mysterious woman with black hair arrives and remembers she died. As a test trial until Decim can find it to pass judgment on this woman, this woman is put as his assistant. And the rest of the plot focuses on developing the world the arbiters live in and Decim's methods of exposing the truth.

All in all I was generally surprised by this story and how much care Studio Madhouse took to this show. The plot is fascinating, especially seeing all these players of the games, how they ended up here, and of course their reactions to the situations. The players range from the everyday man, to a couple, to a detective, etc... What I also love watching are most of the Death Games in action. Typically we see games where certain pieces have body parts or organs and this will lead to pain when struck. This is as severe as a darts game, or as small as a simple game of air hockey. The list of games goes on and I love it all.

Probably my favorite one of these games was the 3rd episode were the 2 souls must partake in a bowling game where no pain is dealt, but the only catch is their bowling balls have been pre-selected with a heart inside that represents how the heart of the other person is feeling. It is probably one of my favorite episodes of this show, but I will not spoil this one for you guys.

CHARACTERS: Our first character is Decim, voiced by Eric Organ. I have to say sir Organ pulled a fantastic job as Decim. Decim has a bored expression on his face a lot of the time and a voice to match it. Probably my favorite moments of Decim come from episodes 3 and 12, but again I won't spoil these amazing moments. Overall a great performance in general.

Next we have the mysterious woman. Now most of the main plot besides building onto the world is this woman discovering the truth of her past and she does not even remember her name until episode 11, the 2nd to last episode of the show, at least until a season 2 ever gets made. For the records I will be using her name of Chiyuki when describing her performance for the most part.

Chiyuki is voiced by Jamie Marchi, who many would recognize from her roles such as Panty from Panty and Stocking, Rise Grimory from High School DxD, and Liz Thompson from Soul Eater. I have to say Mrs. Marchi made a really stunning performance as Chiyuki, especially near the end of the series as she starts remembering her past. Her chemistry with Decim always put a smile to my face seeing the two of them work off each other from the Death Games, and also when Chiyuki scolds Decim for some of his sly tactics to bring out the evil in the souls. All around, she did a fantastic job and I hope to see her again soon.

As for other characters, we have Nona, an arbiter serving as Decim's boss, voiced by Jad Saxton. There is Clavis, the elevator man, voiced by Z. Charles Bolton. Also Ginti, another bartender who is voiced by Robert McCollum, and Quin, the former bartender of the Quindecim, voiced by Anastasia Munoz. All around I give props to all of these voice actors for their respective roles. I especially give props to Robert McCollum, who's role is that of a cynical arbiter who sees no point in human life. Also as another note, many of the souls tested are voiced by other great stars; such as Monica Rial, Ian Sinclair, and Eric Vale to name a few. You could probably try finding out the rest on your own, but I have to say they gave a fantastic performance too

ART STYLE: As this 12 episode series was created by Studio Madhouse, who also made Death Note and Hellsing, you would expect an epic art style and Death Parade delivered. The setting and design of the bar is amazing and the explosions and special effects that occur when a Death game is selected is so fun. Hell even in one episode when the 2 souls think it is a reality TV show, the woman says, "Damn, they must have a big budget." That made me laugh so hard because of how much that broke the 4th wall.

Anyway, one aspect Studio Madhouse also succeeds in is death and how to make them spectacular. In this case, the scenes when damage is done to the people playing the game comes to my mind. Overall this art style of the bars, the games, and of the people is spectacular and I give credit to Studio Madhouse for this concept and the art style they chose oh so well, especially representing the bodies with out their souls as Mannequins, which is a nice touch.

One style I love is how when being sentenced to Heaven or Hell, the souls are place on an elevator for their destination and right above the elevators is a panning shot of an angel mask or demon mask that explains the place the souls are going to. The last thing for art style I love is those moments when the souls freak out at their situation with the shock of it all occurring and as such, they would try attacking either the other person or Decim. Decim does a trick with his hands that call forth strings to restraint the attacker, typically to get his point across or to calm down the soul.

MUSIC: The music in this show is amazing as well. From the energized intro that manages to set up this kind of world, to the somber tones that occur when the souls are sent for reincarnation or the void. All over SMH made a great track for this epic anime.

FINAL SCORE: Death Parade is a fantastic anime and I highly recommend people check it out if they are comfortable with the style of Studio Madhouse. I only have few complaints and that mostly aims towards how it needs another season. But other than that, Death Parade marches on with an A+ in my books.

This has been Necro and I leave you with the Death Parade theme song. Later Nubs and Nublets

Back to top Go down
Ulti-Apelio
Diamond
Diamond
Ulti-Apelio

PostSubject: Re: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 6:13 am

I finish watching episode 1 and 2 and this shows up, lol. Not gonna read it until I'm done but I will.
Back to top Go down
Oshu
Mod
Mod
Oshu

Character sheet
Name: Kino Nagai
Health:
Anime Review: Death Parade Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Anime Review: Death Parade Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Mana:
Anime Review: Death Parade Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime Review: Death Parade Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 2:36 pm

^^^^ spam comment is spam

but ya necro judging by the review it seams interesting so i might give it a try soon
Back to top Go down
Ulti-Apelio
Diamond
Diamond
Ulti-Apelio

PostSubject: Re: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 8:40 pm

That isn't spam you idiot. And Necro, what do you think of the opening and ending in depth?
Back to top Go down
Dragonecro0987
Diamond
Diamond
Dragonecro0987

Character sheet
Name:
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade EmptyThu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Nub Of The Week wrote:
That isn't spam you idiot. And Necro, what do you think of the opening and ending in depth?

Well the OP was amazing, as I showed in the review. It gets us energized for the show and its style with the fast paced beat and action to show how even though this is a place of judgment, they still have fun. What with them having drinks, messing around with the games, dancing, etc... It is one of the few OPs I always sit through and never skip because of how much fun it is.

And as for the Ending Song. I love it as well. The rocking beat and drama it shows pulls me back in remembering how humans are shown they cannot live within the bars for an extended period of time. I do not know how far you are Ten, but one part of an episode deals with Chiyuki learning that humans cannot stay at Quindecim for extended periods of time, less they turn into a mannequin. Not only that, but the viewing of how these shells end up is tragic, yet reminds you it is just the job of the Arbiters. In fact I can clearly make out of them as the victims going to the void.

Overall the OP and Ending left a mark and have ranked highly on my lists of both such topics
Back to top Go down
Ulti-Apelio
Diamond
Diamond
Ulti-Apelio

PostSubject: Re: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 4:16 am

Ah, alright. I shall continue my watching tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Review: Death Parade   Anime Review: Death Parade Empty

Back to top Go down

Anime Review: Death Parade
Page 1 of 1