Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working on reviving this place as of 5/13/19

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this week
No user
Latest topics
» Academy ships
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Ticci Nub Kitty Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:06 pm

» Nub of the decade
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Oshu Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:42 am

» This place man...
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

» the post game
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:46 am

» Nub Pic up lines
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» Bruh I love my life. This is my Journal
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Nublyfe Fri May 17, 2019 4:38 pm

» These are MTG decks if you say they're yugioh decks i'll LICK YOU
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 2:21 pm

» Classic WoW Release date confirmed!
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:29 am

» A thread of quotes
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Auirex Thu May 16, 2019 12:27 am

» One of those tough decisionss you gotta make
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:19 am

» Reply to this thread to die instantly
RP Poll Entry & Rules Emptyby Auirex Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:16 am

RP Poll Entry & Rules

Go down 
+2
Ulti-Apelio
Valkoor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Name: Echo Caecus
Health:
RP Poll Entry & Rules Left_bar_bleue100/100RP Poll Entry & Rules Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Mana:
RP Poll Entry & Rules Left_bar_bleue100/100RP Poll Entry & Rules Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

RP Poll Entry & Rules Empty
PostSubject: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 pm

With Spirit Force ending soon, ground has opened for a new RP. That being said, there is a lot of competition for the next RP, since we are still only allowing one RP at a time on the academy. So here's how this will work.

In order to submit your RP, you must send it to me via PM. I'm looking for a few things, in the order they are presented. If ANY of these elements are absent or out of place in your entry, then said entry will be rendered invalid. I will not tell you if your entry is invalid due to this. It is your responsibility to submit professional and thoroughly revised work.

Criteria/Elements for entering the RP:

1.) Your PM's subject must read "RP Poll Entry" (no parentheses).
2.) The name of your RP - e.g. Spirit Force - must be at the very top of your PM.
3.) Basic information. This includes genre (YGO, skill-based, or other), planned length, and any other information you feel would help voters understand your RP more thoroughly. Note the RP cannot exceed 10 chapters.
4.) Your RP entry OP as it would be posted if accepted. Basically, give me your entry post. Note that any change to the entry post after sending it to me is not allowed, for the poll or otherwise.
5.) The character creation sheet formatting.
6.) An example character. Note this will not be posted on the poll like the previous elements. This is for me to not only understand how you plan to make your character, but also so I can moderate the entry posts if your RP is accepted.

Now, beyond the entries, there are a few rules I will be placing on the entries. Breaking any of these rules will result in your entry being invalid, and I WILL let you know about this. You will have one chance to fix the issue, and if you still fail to follow rules, then you will be unable to enter this poll.

1.) NO SEX. This includes, but is not limited to, ritualistic rape, bonding intercourse, straight-up smut. No. Sex.
2.) Gore will be allowed, but keep it to a minimum.
3.) Vulgarity and profanity will be allowed, but keep it to a minimum.

I will be accepting RP poll entries until 2 weeks after the end of the current RP. No entries will be accepted after. Voting will be held at the end of those two weeks for 3 days, and the RP with the most votes will be the next SDA RP. In the case of a tie, we will hold a tie-breaker poll. Voters will be able to see elements 2-5 of the entries, so keep that in mind.

ANY ENTRIES POSTED IN THIS THREAD WILL BE RENDERED INVALID AND THAT USER UNABLE TO ENTER AN ENTRY FOR THE POLL. I AM ONLY KEEPING THIS UNLOCKED SO I CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS AND CONFUSIONS.
Back to top Go down
Ulti-Apelio
Diamond
Diamond
Ulti-Apelio

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:53 pm

Is Fire's SF2 an exception to this?
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Fire's SF2 is something I'm still questioning. He currently isn't allowed to DM the next RP, and that rules will pass onto the next DM as well. SF2 will either be in the poll after this one, or if popular consensus/lack of consensus demands it, will be automatically chosen for the RP after the next one.
Back to top Go down
Firebreath
Diamond
Diamond
Firebreath

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Dont hate but im still going to post an RP poll for funzies.
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Okay, I have been asked this way too much. Here's the deal.

From the day that last RP chapter is locked due to CHAPTER END, to two weeks later, the poll will not start. During this period, I will continue accepting entries and reviewing them. On the day that two week marker hits, I will lock this topic and create a new topic with the poll on it. So two weeks, people. Patience. Thank you. ~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 9:39 pm

SF is expected to start at the end of oct. Waiting 2 weeks is really not giving the people enough time unless we plan to push sf 2 back (Which btw I dont care but I think people would be against the idea)
Back to top Go down
Firebreath
Diamond
Diamond
Firebreath

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:07 pm

I'd be up to push back Sf2 back a while to support the next Rp
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:07 am

In response to that:

I don't give a single fuck about when you people have supposedly "scheduled" SF2. I am not making SF2 carry so much priority that it puts pressure on the next DM and on people's poll entries. Everyone on this academy deserves the same amount of time and the same chance SF had. The poll will take two weeks, the next RP will take as long as necessary, and SF2 may or may not start thereafter, depending on the next poll.
Back to top Go down
Alisae
Diamond
Diamond
Alisae

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:33 am

Valkoor the Penguin Tot wrote:
I don't give a single fuck about when you people have supposedly "scheduled" SF2. I am not making SF2 carry so much priority that it puts pressure on the next DM and on people's poll entries. Everyone on this academy deserves the same amount of time and the same chance SF had. The poll will take two weeks, the next RP will take as long as necessary, and SF2 may or may not start thereafter, depending on the next poll.
I wanna say something on this to.

I don't really get why an RP has to happen? Like, holy fucking shit. You can't decide beforehand when, or even what RP is supposed to run afterward. It just doesn't work that way. Hell, you have to consider the chances of it even getting outvoted by another RP in the next poll after this one. I mean sure, its unlikely because everyone likes SF so much, but come on, it IS possible.

And scheduling an RP is stupid on a forum like this. If you want SF so fuckin badly, then make your own fucking world, use the same concepts, create a different plot, and submit it.

Also, the next DM should not feel rushed at all to finish his RP. You know what happens when a DM feels pressured and rushed to finish something? It'll fucking suck. Oh hey! This sounds like when Dice told the developers for 'Mirror's Edge' that they had to release it on this specific date. What happened? Mirror's Edge was unpolished. A great game still, but unpolished. What are they doing for Mirror's Edge 2? On the trailer for Mirror's Edge 2, the release date says "When its ready" Because Dice needs to take their time to make the game better. The same should apply to DMs. They need to take as much time as they need (as long as they are not purposely delaying the next RP) to DM their RP so it is to the best it can be, and not some unpolished crap.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Valkoor the Penguin Tot wrote:
In response to that:

This shit right here is why OnexOne RP idea got shut down. So i'm assuming you either didn't get valks message on that topic or you forgot. Just saying that you had the opportunity to know that we were doing a poll for the next one and you scheduled the next RP anyways.

Edit: I did some digging since you guys (other than Ruby) wouldn't be able to view valks message on One X One

The academy has a policy of on RP at a time, and after Spirit Force, the RP will be decided by a public poll. So in short, this is a no-no. Topic locked.
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Unlocked because I'm still taking questions, suggestions, and complaints.
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Valky... that was your message from One X One. Which you locked. i copied the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Valkoor
Diamond
Diamond
Valkoor

Character sheet
Health:
Mana:

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Kiddy this is for the next RP. Like it's the entries for the next RP election after SF. XD
Back to top Go down
Auirex
Admin
Admin
Auirex

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:51 pm

large kid wrote:

Edit: I did some digging since you guys (other than Ruby) wouldn't be able to view valks message on One X One

The academy has a policy of on RP at a time, and after Spirit Force, the RP will be decided by a public poll. So in short, this is a no-no. Topic locked.

I know Valky but apparently they forgot what you said on his one x one RP idea that he posted so i decided to copy paste it.

Also i'd just as soon see a dueling RP back on SDA as well because i was planning on joining the last one but it didn't happen because SF
Back to top Go down
Lunarnox
Diamond
Diamond
Lunarnox

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:58 pm

All RP entries must be in by THIS FRIDAY. That is when the votes for the next RP will start. If your RP is not submitted to the Penguin by that time sucks to be you.
Back to top Go down
Ulti-Apelio
Diamond
Diamond
Ulti-Apelio

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Submitting mine after SF 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RP Poll Entry & Rules   RP Poll Entry & Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

RP Poll Entry & Rules
Page 1 of 1